Planning to dive deep into the culture, customs, and vibe of Hyderabad? Looking for accommodation to make it a possibility but nothing is really helping you? Don’t worry. We have your back. We have the right tips to help you find the best flats for rent in Hyderabad. Let’s check out without any further ado:
- Determine your budget: The first and foremost step that you need to undertake is to do the financial planning, and thus, determine the budget you have and are willing to spend on paying the rent for the flat in Hyderabad. While setting the budget, make sure that you consider each household expense you may have to pay for when moving to a new city.
These expenses may include the cost of utilities, amenities and facilities, parking fees, renter’s insurance, commuting expenses, and so on. According to some experts, following the 50-30-20 rule can sort out an individual’s budget. This specific rule involves budgeting 50% of income for necessities, 30% for savings, and 20% for other things.
- Pick an appropriate neighbourhood: Whenever researching for the neighbourhood in Hyderabad, the main factor to consider during the same is the cost of living. You should make the list of neighbourhoods providing accommodation at cheaper living costs. Along with the living cost of the particular area, check out whether the neighbourhood is equipped with the amenities and facilities you can’t live without. Don’t forget to consider the commuting distance from the flat you are going to rent to your workplace or essential shops and services. If you do not own a vehicle, then look for walkable areas with the availability of a public transportation system. The location chosen by you must be safe to live in. Therefore, do check the prevailing crime rate in the shortlisted locations.
- Inspect the flats in person: Now that you have shortlisted some locations where you can plan to accommodate, it is time to inspect the neighbourhoods and flats in person. Although you might have inspected the selected flats online, remember that virtual reality can be different from real one. You might be shown the particular flat as the perfect place for accommodation on its online listing, but the reality may be far from being perfect.
Therefore, to prevent the chances of fraud, consider having a tour of the chosen flats in person. You should estimate if the flat is equipped with basic amenities, water pressure, utilities, and so on. If you are looking for a fully furnished flat for rent in Hyderabad, check if the furniture placed is of fine quality. Taking the pictures of the flats you visited will help you compare their pros and cons, and thus, help you select the best one.
- Negotiate the rental terms: Once you have found a flat that meets your budget and requirement, negotiate with the landlord and try to develop a good relationship with him. Having a cooperative and friendly landlord can smooth your living. Before committing to the rental terms, don’t forget to ask necessary questions from him. These questions include the age of the building, facilities provided by the building, mode of payment of rent, intervals at which rent is to be paid, rules and regulations of the society, expected maintenance, alterations you can make, and many other things. Also, take this opportunity to negotiate the amount of rent to be paid for the flat.
- Get ready with your paperwork: Whenever planning to have tours of flats in-person, remember to carry all required documents with you. You never know when you come across the flat satisfying your requirements, and you don’t want to miss it just because the required paperwork isn’t ready. Therefore, always carry the original and copies of the essential documents such as Adhaar card, PAN card, income proof, bank details, etc.
- Sign the rental agreement: After you are satisfied with the specific flat and the rental terms, you can ask for the rental agreement from the landlord. If your landlord does not provide the rental agreement in writing, consider it a big no. Do not ever agree to opt for a tenancy having an oral agreement as it does not facilitate you with any physical security or proof in case of fraud. Before signing any rental agreement, make sure to go through all terms and conditions, and in case you have any doubts related to a particular term or condition, don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. If everything seems alright to you, then you can go ahead and sign the rental agreement.
So, these are some tips that can help you find a great flat in Hyderabad. With proper research and patience, you definitely can find a decent place to accommodate.