Generic Mevacor can help lower blood cholesterol for patients who are at risk of getting heart disease or a stroke. Generic Mevacor is only for patients whose cholesterol level is not controlled by diet. Mevacor is used with diet changes (restriction of cholesterol and fat intake) to reduce the amount of cholesterol and certain fatty substances in the blood.
Generic Mevacor is a member of the HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor family of drugs, which blocks the body’s production of cholesterol. Mevacor is used to lower elevated cholesterol levels by blocking the body’s ability to make cholesterol.
Working Mechanism of Mevacor reliance pharmaceuticals
Generic Mevacor works by slowing the production of cholesterol in the body. Buildup of cholesterol and fats along the walls of the blood vessels (a process known as atherosclerosis) decreases bloodflow and, therefore, the oxygen supply to the heart, brain, and other parts of the body. Lowering blood levels of cholesterol and fats may help to prevent heart disease, angina (chest pain), strokes, and heart attacks.
Generic Mevacor inhibits the production of cholesterol by the liver. Mevacor lowers overall blood cholesterol as well as blood LDL cholesterol levels. LDL cholesterol is believed to be the “bad” cholesterol that is primarily responsible for the development of coronary artery disease. Lowering LDL cholesterol levels retards progression and may even reverse coronary artery disease.
Excess Dose of Mevacor
Generic Mevacor in excess dose may show symptoms such as nausea, diarrhea, stomach distress, and indigestion.
Conditions for Storage of Mevacor
Store Mevacor at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Potencies of Mevacor
Mevacor Tablets: Mevacor 10 mg, Mevacor 20 mg & Mevacor 40 mg
Food and Drug interactions with Mevacor reliance pharmaceuticals
Generic Mevacor may react with the following drugs:
• cyclosporine (Sandimmune, Neoral);
• gemfibrozil (Lopid), clofibrate (Atromid-S), or fenofibrate (Tricor);
• niacin (Nicolar, Nicobid, Slo-Niacin, others);
• erythromycin (E-Mycin, E.E.S., Ery-Tab, others) or clarithromycin (Biaxin);
• cholestyramine (Questran) or colestipol (Colestid);
• an antifungal medication such as itraconazole (Sporanox), fluconazole (Diflucan), or
• ketoconazole (Nizoral);
• nefazodone (Serzone);
• warfarin (Coumadin); or
• A protease inhibitor such as amprenavir (Agenerase), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), ritonavir (Norvir), lopinavir-ritonavir (Kaletra), or saquinavir (Invirase, Fortovase).
Contraindications with Mevacor reliance pharmaceuticals
Mevacor is contraindicated in pregnancy & breast-feeding and if you are allergic to any of its ingredients
Precautions with Mevacor
Generic Mevacor should be used with caution in patients with liver disease
Adverse effects with Mevacor
The adverse effects associated with Mevacor are:
• skin rash
• Muscle cramps, myalgia
Generic atorvastatin, dose of atorvastion, tablet atorvastatin 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, 80 mg, buy generic atorvastatin online from Drugstoreone, an online drugstore reliance pharmaceuticals
Atorvastatin and its Uses
Generic Atorvastatin is used for lowering cholesterol. For people with high cholesterol, Generic Atorvastatin, along with diet and exercise, can reduce LDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels significantly.
Generic Atorvastatin blocks the body’s ability to make cholesterol. Generic Atorvastatin can help lower blood cholesterol for patients who are at risk of getting heart disease or a stroke. It is only for patients whose cholesterol level is not controlled by diet.
Working Mechanism of Atorvastatin reliance pharmaceuticals
There are two types of cholesterol; a ‘bad’ sort called low-density lipoprotein (LDL) and a ‘good’ sort called high-density lipoprotein (HDL). LDL is deposited in the arteries and increases the risk of heart disease by clogging and narrowing the arteries (atherosclerosis), while HDL actually protects the arteries against this.
Generic Atorvastatin decreases the production of LDL cholesterol by blocking the action of the enzyme in the liver (called HMG-CoA reductase) that is responsible for its production. This decreases the amount of cholesterol in the liver cells, which causes them to take up LDL cholesterol from the blood. The decreased cholesterol production and increased removal of LDL cholesterol from the blood ultimately results in lowered blood cholesterol levels.
As the body produces most cholesterol at night, Generic Atorvastatin is more effective if taken at night.
Generic Atorvastatin also causes a small decrease in the production of other ‘bad fats’ in the blood called triglycerides, and a small increase in the level of HDL cholesterol. This results in lowered levels of ‘bad fats’ and raised levels of ‘good fats’ in the blood.
Generic Atorvastatin has an important role in the prevention of coronary heart disease. Generic Atorvastatin reduces the risk of excess cholesterol being deposited in the major blood vessels of the heart. Any blockage in the blood vessels limits the amount of blood and therefore oxygen being carried to the heart muscle. In severe cases this can result in a heart attack (myocardial infarction).
Generic Atorvastatin also reduce the risk of stroke by decreasing the risk of excess cholesterol being deposited in the blood vessels leading to the brain. These fat deposits can cause blockage and therefore limit blood and oxygen supply to certain parts of the brain.
Atorvastatin Dose reliance pharmaceuticals
Dose of Atorvastation.
Take the missed dose of Atorvastion as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for your next dose of Atorvastation, skip the missed dose and take only your next regularly scheduled dose. Do not take a double dose of Atorvastatin.
Excess Dose of Atorvastatin
Generic Atorvastatin in excess dose does not show any symptoms.
Conditions for storage of Generic Atorvastatin
Store Generic Atorvastatin at room temperature away from moisture and heat.
Potencies of Generic Atorvastatin
Atorvastatin Tablets:Atorvastatin 10 mg, Atorvastatin 20 mg, Atorvastatin 40 mg & Atorvastatin 80 mg
Food and Drug interactions with Atorvastatin reliance pharmaceuticals
• There may be an increased risk of side effects on the muscles (myopathy) if Generic atorvastatin is taken with any of the following medicines:
o fibrates, e.g. bezafibrate, gemfibrozil
o azole antifungals, e.g. itraconazole
o niacin (nicotinic acid)
• Generic Atorvastatin may increase the blood level of digoxin. If you are taking both these medicines your digoxin blood level should be monitored.
• Generic Atorvastatin may slightly increase the blood levels of ethinylestradiol and norethisterone that are found in certain brands of the contraceptive pill. For women needing contraception while taking this medication, a pill that doesn’t contain these particular hormones may therefore be preferable.
Contraindications with Atorvastatin reliance pharmaceuticals
Generic Atorvastatin is contraindicated in the following:
• Active liver disease
• Unexplained raised results in liver function tests
• Women of child-bearing potential, unless effective contraception is used to prevent pregnancy
• Allergy to one or any of its ingredients
Precautions with Atorvastatin reliance pharmaceuticals
• Generic Atorvastatin should be used with caution in:
o Decreased kidney function
o Decreased liver function
o History of liver disease
o History of muscular side effects during previous treatment with a statin or fibrate medicine
o Individuals who consume large quantities of alcohol
o People aged over 70 years
o Personal or family history of hereditary muscle disorders
Adverse effects with Atorvastatin reliance pharmaceuticals
The adverse effects associated with Generic Atorvastatin are:
• Difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
• Excess gas in the stomach and intestines (flatulence)
• Chest pain (angina)
• Muscle cramps
• Disturbances of the gut such as diarrhea, constipation, nausea, vomiting or abdominal pain
• Indigestion (dyspepsia)
• Hair loss (alopecia)
• Alteration in results of liver function tests
• Changes in blood sugar levels
• Severe swelling of lips, face or tongue (angioedema)
• Disorder of the peripheral nerves causing weakness and numbness (peripheral neuropathy)
• Disorder of the muscles (myopathy)
• Loss of appetite
• Decrease in the number of platelets in the blood (thrombocytopenia)
• Muscle pain and weakness
• Skin reactions such as rash and itch