The LEGIC advant product line has been developed to ideally support the design and realisation of access control and other person related service applications. It provides a maximum of security, scalability and cost-effective investment protection.
Because of its advanced features and compliance with ISO 15693, ISO 14443 and the LEGIC RF standard, the LEGIC advant product line is especially suitable for smart card projects, such as single-and multifunctional company or leisure cards. Its target applications include ticketing, government ID, general access control and high security solutions for converged access (incl. IT-access) and biometrics.
- Efficient and convenient application and reader design – convenient integration and network connectivity
The LEGIC advant product line supports simple and fast application integration by using its application
protocols and flexible programmable format generator. Upgrades from other ID technologies like barcode, magnetic stripe or 125 kHz are easily realised.
Convenient hardware integration and network connectivity is supported through the included common host interfaces. Application protocols:
- OMRON formats
- Wiegand formats
- Your choice of industry standards and reading ranges
The LEGIC advant product line supports multiple industry standards giving you the choice between the following standards and respective reading ranges:
- ISO 15693: Read/write for vicinity standard applications with reading distance from proximity up to hands free (70 cm*). Reads unique serial number of all ISO 15693 type transponders.
- ISO 14443 A: Read/write for proximity standard applications with reading distance of up to 10 cm. Reads unique serial number of all ISO 14443 A type transponders.
- LEGIC RF standard: Read/write of all LEGIC prime products as well as application standard formats on LEGIC smart from proximity up to hands-free distance of approximately 70cm*.
* Max. reading range depends on requirements of national spectrum management authorities, antenna, reader application, transponder, requested information and surroundings.
Mixed standard operation
LEGIC advant modules can operate with mixed RF standards. Thus cards at ISO 15693, ISO 14443 and LEGIC RF standard can be handled simultaneously by one reader. This allows it to run systems using credentials of varying RF standards. It offers seamless merging and migration of the issued cards.
- Advanced high security – tailor made for each application
LEGIC advant provides high security covering the data and applications in your contactless system all the way from the host to the storage of data on the transponder. This provides the right degree of protection in an openstandard world.
Security features include:
- unique serial numbers for transponders and reader modules
- mutual authentication
- advanced cryptographic data transmission and storage along complete data path from host to transponder
- user-definable read and write access protection
- secure reading and writing of data
- secure transponder unique serial card number verification
Configurable high-level encryption
Either LEGIC’s encryption standard or advanced high security encryption, based on the open industry standard algorithms DES / 3DES, can be enabled for each application and data path, providing strong protection for data and applications. This makes the product suitable for use in IT-access, high-value payment, biometrics or governmental solutions such as ID cards.
- Master-Token based Security Control
LEGIC’s patented Master-Token System ControlTM (MTSC) does not use easily compromised passwords. It provides total control of your security, your contactless smart card applications and thus your company. With over 50,000 installations worldwide already trusting LEGIC Master-Token based security control you will be in good company.
To create new credentials or authorise new readers within your security system the physical LEGIC Master Token is needed. The security is provided through the genetic code which contains the authorisation to read or write card data.
Master-Tokens transfer the genetic code to credentials during card initialisation and to readers during reader configuration. Because of the mutual card/reader authentication and the unique genetic code the Master-Tokens and credentials cannot be copied.
- Easy realised multiapplications
- User-programmable universal reader module
Among the wide range of LEGIC advant quality products the integrated reader module SM-2570 is universally applicable. Due to the integrated RF circuit a fast, easy and cost efficient reader design is possible. With its user programmable on-chip application processor and its versatile peripheral support the SM-2570 allows easy-to-realise and compact solutions without the need for external processor components.
Modular reader products
LEGIC advant’s cost-effective modular range of reader chip sets (SC) and the reader module (SM) allows you to easily expand functionality.
System configuration tool
The LEGIC advant Configurator Software CSW-2000 supports the easy and rapid definition of LEGIC advant components for single and multi-application schemes. The powerful toollets the user define and integrate his application on a LEGIC transponder or combine it with other independent applications on one single LEGIC all-in-one card.
The configurator allows to comfortably define and configure the transponder data segments of your individual application, create corresponding Master-Tokens with respective access keys and authorization, combine your application data segments with other independent applications, or program LEGIC advant reader components.
The configurator’s definition files can be ex- or imported and provide a standardised interface to collaborate with any third party, e.g. other LEGIC application providers, integrators, etc.
The LEGIC advant Development Kit DK-2000 supports the easy development of readers and application software. It is particularly useful to evaluate the technology and the rapid development of prototypes. It comes with a development board including SC-2560 and SM- 570 samples, reference readers, antenna, set of transponders and a CD-ROM with the Development Kit Software and related doc mentation.
- Multi-standard compliant with ISO 15693, 14443 and LEGIC RF standard
- Choice of standards and reading ranges from pro imity to hands-free
- Advanced high security for fraud protection
- Uncompromised control capabilities for cards, applications and installation
- Easy and cost-effective application and reader design
- Scalable functionality for your card
- Cost-efficiency through expandable functionality
- High investment protection
- Interoperability through high-level application standards
- Multi-industry standard compliant (13.56 MHz read/write)
- Simultaneous mixed RF-standard operation (ISO 15693, 14443, LEGIC RF)
- Advanced high security, DES / 3DES encryption
- Physical Master-Token System Control and Automatic Key Management
- Choice of state-of-the-art crypto transponders
- Built-in RF circuit on reader module
- Versatile application protocols and peripherals interface
- User programmable intelligent controller on reader module
- Download function for extensions and upgrades
- Easy realised multi-applications
- Cost-effective modular system
- Meets US government standards FIPS 201
- Integrated RF wake-up function for battery operation
With LEGIC advant you can create multifunctional cards with up to 127 independent applications of various memory size on a single transponder.
Thanks to the variable memory allocation and the dynamic segment search functions, LEGIC allows easily realised multi-application schemes with a high degree of flexibility. The dynamic multi-application handling makes it simple to combine various applications of different type, memory size, supplier and ownership on a single transponder. This is particularly beneficial if additional applications have to be added to a transponder that is already in use.